NexPhase targets investments in middle market companies. We intend to help our portfolio companies achieve their strategic objectives while creating value for investors. With those goals in mind, we seek to take a thematic approach to investing by focusing primarily on certain high growth industries where our investment professionals have deep domain expertise (i.e., in the healthcare, industrial services, software and consumer sectors) while remaining agile and adaptive to other industry opportunities.
NexPhase seeks to invest in portfolio companies with the following or similar characteristics:
- 5% to 10%+ organic growth rate with potential to accelerate through consolidation and new business development
- EBITDA between $5 million and $30 million
- Strong organic growth within the company and sector
- Leading player in a growing market segment within a defensible niche
- Attractive return on assets
- Potential for build-up opportunities in fragmented industries